Harry Potter - Back to Hogwarts with the Real Weird Sisters
We return to Hogwarts to chat with the Real Weird Sisters about why *Harry Potter* is so important to fandom in general and **still** so popular. This episode is a follow up to our (very) early episode about the series [here](https://fanthropological.com/e/3632cca54d92c4/).
And who are The Real Weird Sisters?
Hailing from Bozeman, Montana, Alice and Martha, grew up reading, rereading, and re-re-reading the *Harry Potter* series. **Alice**, who was seven when Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone was published,** estimates that she has read the series' first book over 75 times**! Although Martha's tally isn't quite as high, she would like to clarify that she was a mere toddler when Alice first started reading the books, so she was doomed to forever be six years behind.
Both sisters have made local news for their *Harry Potter* fandom. Alice was interviewed for a newspaper in 2005 after she read *Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince* overnight, and Martha and her friends were on TV in 2011 while in line for the midnight premiere of *Deathly Hallows Part 2*.
Throughout their lives, Alice and Martha have shared a close and common bond in *Harry Potter*. Now that they are adults and living in two different parts of the country (Chicago and Montana), they have decided to broadcast their love for *Harry Potter* to the world in weekly podcasts about what they see as the greatest literary masterpiece of our time.
## Episode Outline
This week on the show we talk about...
* the importance of the series growing up with the fans;
* fans' feelings about post-*Harry Potter* releases;
* the importance of the series' characters;
* divisions in modern *Harry Potter* fandom;
* if and how the fandom continues to grow; and
* the influence of *Harry Potter* on YA and on the Sisters themselves
## Where can you find us?
Pretty much everything we do is `something/thenickscast`, but specifically...
* If you're looking for this podcast (Fanthropological), you can find it at [Fanthropological.com](https://fanthropological.com) or on different podcatchers including [Spotify](https://open.spotify.com/show/2IVp8MBIUyCqlKyZn79iHn), [Apple Podcasts](https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/fanthropological/id1163621210?mt=2), [Google Podcasts](https://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cDovL2ZlZWRzLnBvZGlhbnQuY28vZmFudGhyb3BvbG9naWNhbC9yc3MueG1s) and many others!
* Keep up-to-date with our latest goings-on on [Facebook](https://facebook.com/thenickscast), [Twitter](https://twitter.com/thenickscast), or [Instagram](https://instagram.com/thenickscast), all `@thenickscast`
* We also occasionally create extra content about fandom including convention coverage and interviews on [YouTube.com/thenickscast](https://youtube.com/thenickscast)
* We have some fine merchandise available at [shop.thenickscast.com](https://shop.thenickscast.com) (and we'd love your support!)
* If all else fails, you can email us: [firstname.lastname@example.org](mailto:email@example.com)
## What is "Fanthropological"?
Every week, Fanthropological delivers about an hour of fandom-related "fanalysis" covering a different fandom every week and giving you hard data, history, special guests, and, of course, speculation!
We cover topics spanning the gamut of anime, manga, comics, video games, comics, movies, books, television, and, in general, geek culture.
* [ReMix: Mega Man 2 "Flash Man and the Sorcerer's Stone Man"](https://ocremix.org/remix/OCR03125) by [Deedubs](https://ocremix.org/artist/14357/deedubs) from [http://ocremix.org](http://ocremix.org) used under [ocremix.org content policy](http://ocremix.org/info/Content_Policy#If_you.27re_using_our_content_elsewhere_.28.22Terms_of_Use.22.29%E2%80%A6)
* All other music and sounds in this week's episode were provided by Nick Green!
Brought to you by The Nickscast of Fanthropological